Monday, June 15, 2009

Hello All:

This is my first blog... so please be patient with me!

On May 7th I was told that my dad has Stage 4 Renal Cell Carcenoma.... the pieces of my stable "put together" life began to crumble. Two days after that I recieve a phone call telling me that one of my best friends, Maura de Souza, only had a few more days to live. She had been struggling with cancer for the past year and her poor kidneys just couldn't take it anymore. She entered the gates of Heaven on May 19th, 2009... my "stable" life was crumbling even faster. Even though I miss her everyday... I know she is with our Lord... in that I take comfort.

As for me... I made the decision to move home to help with taking care of my dad. He is taking chemo and is grows weaker everyday. He tries to make light of the whole situation and tells me "ya know the worst part of all this... all my damn food tastes the same! AND I cant drink beer anymore!" I wish I knew that kind of strength. He is taking this one day at a time and is a CHAMP about everything! I admire him so much... I love my daddy!

When I moved back I decided it was time for my relationship with Casey to end. Things were just not going the way they needed to... and it was the best for both of us!

I miss all my friends SO much! We became like a family and I left a piece of my heart with each one of them! To my arkansas family: I love you all very much and miss you everyday! I'll be home soon!!!

Well anyways... I'll keep posting updates on my life! Keep reading... my life is like a soap opera so you never know whats going to happen! Love you all and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment