I believe the title of this blog says it all...
A few days ago, dad was in a lot of pain and his stomach was very swollen and filled with fluid. He wasn't able to keep anything down... not even water...
After a full night of him vomiting every hour, he finally decided to allow us to take him to the hospital.
They admitted him at M.D. Anderson two days ago. The fluid was stomach acid and blood... causing him horrible acid reflux which then caused him to vomit... my poor daddy. The doctors and nurses have all been wonderful... they inserted at tube up his nose and down his throat, all the way to his stomach to drain out all the fluid. All he's been able to eat/drink is ice chips (and he loves it). The tube has really helped a lot, he is no pain and very comfortable... except for the tube in his throat.
So... we received word that daddy is fading quickly... its only a matter of a couple weeks now... IF we're lucky. He's ok... he's at peace with it, but me and my family on the other hand are a different story. I am so angry and upset with God right now (i know i shouldn't be), for taking my daddy too early!!! There is still so much for him to see... for him to experience. Its not fair. I don't understand... This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do... to say goodbye to my daddy... to watch my mother loose the love of her life... to not hear Beatles music on Saturday mornings... to not see him dancing and being silly... to not see him....
What am I suppose to do? I don't mean to be selfish... I don't want him to suffer anymore. His poor body has suffered enough. He deserves to be at peace... but I don't know how to say goodbye. I am not prepared for the time to come...
I want to thank all of you who read my blog and keep updated on my daddy and for your prayers and support... My family and I want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts... We love you all so much. And directly from my dad ... "thank you".
For those of you who didn't have the privilege of knowing my father... he is an AMAZING man, husband, son, brother, father and Marine. He is the best man I know... he is my hero... he is the person I look up to the most in this entire world... he's my daddy.
Even though his battle is coming to an end... we still need all the prayer we can get for this up and coming hard time.
Once again... thank you all so much from the bottom of our hearts... We love you all...
I will write more as his condition progresses... Please keep reading and keep praying... God Bless you all!
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I pray that the peace and strength of God fills your home and lives. My family and I send our love and support. Love you.
ReplyDelete