I know its been quite a while since I've updated my blog, so there is A LOT to catch you up on!
Lyla's father once again disappeared. I havent heard from him since I was 35 weeks, so its been over a month. At my 38 week check up, I had high blood pressure so my Dr. wanted to see me back on that friday (2 days later) to monitor my blood pressure. So I went back on Friday and my bp was still elevated, so my Dr. decided that she wanted to induce on that following Tuesday. SO.... even though he wasnt responding to my text messages or phone calls, I went ahead and sent him a text to let him know that Lyla was going to be born on 08.17.10, a week before her due date! ... I got nothing in return and have yet to hear from him. SOO needless to say i'm washing my hands of the situation. Its his loss... he will NEVER know how wonderful his daughter is!
On a happier note... I indeed delivered Lyla Rey Bouchan at 1:45 pm on 08.17.10 and she weighed in at 6 lbs 9 oz and was 19 " long!! That was the happiest moment of my life. I never knew I could love someone so much instantly! My labor was pretty easy, thank God! I was admitted on Monday night at 8 pm, and they started pitocin at 5 am Tuesday morning. My contractions starting coming pretty intensly about an hour later and my Dr. broke my water around 9:30. I finally broke down and asked for my epidural at around 11:45, and at that time I was only 3 cm dilated. I took a nap and woke up about 1:15 and my nurse checked me and said "wow... youre 10 cm... its time to have a baby"! So i pushed for about 30 min and she was here!!!
She's been here for 10 days now and I could not imagine my life without her! She is the love of my life and my pure reason existing. Motherhood is def stressful and I'm learning new things everyday, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I will gladly sacrifice a few hours of sleep and my social life for that little girl! She makes life worth living. I finally understand what my mom has been telling me all these years. (Dont tell her I said that though haha)
Well this entry is pretty lengthy so I'll cut it off here. I'll keep updating y'all on my journey into motherhood. Please pray for me and Lyla as we both go through this together. Keep reading... we love you all... and God Bless!
Friday, August 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment